H.ere is a superb guest blog from the amazing, Jeanna Gabellini, my colleague and friend
The Money Game
Whether you are aware of them or not, you do have a set of rules when it comes to attracting, spending and relating to money. Most likely you have objectives, too. So why not leverage these two things that you already have going on and make it a game?
Before we move into the details of the game, let me do my best to get you sold on the “why”.
Benefits making your relationship with money a game…
- Everything to do with money will now be FUN
- When it becomes fun, you will nail your goals faster
- You will be clear on your outcomes and conscious of your rules
- It enables you to acknowledge your progress each step of the way
- You will gain confidence in your power to create and strategize with money
- It allows you to feel abundance in all areas of your life, which leads to peace, flow and a deeply satisfying life
Now it’s time to deliberately design the rules of the game based on the beliefs and outcomes that serve you. Your number one outcome should be fun. Fun is your entire purpose here on the planet. You could use a little more of it, right?
Next decide on specific outcomes when it comes to money. I’ve created several money games over the past two decades for myself and my clients. Here are some examples of outcomes:
- Attracting six figures in a year
- Attracting seven figures in a year from your business
- Five figures a month
- Six figures in savings
- $1000 a day in new income
- Down payment for a house
- Eliminating all debt
- Opening a new business
- 10 new clients
- Dream vacation
- Double house payments
- Pay for major home improvement
- Paying for college (for yourself or children)
The most important part of choosing your desired outcome/s for your money game is that it has to be something you are hot and heavy about…you gotta really want it.
Really want it right now. Not someday. The passion will fuel your commitment to the rules of the game and will increase your attraction power.
The rules of game must be designed with winning as your only option. The rules create structure, focus and accountability. They also need to be designed to reinforce new ways of relating to money.
- Keep a log of all progress (every dollar you attract, the debt going down, etc)
- Focus only on the end goal
- Act as if you have already achieved the goal
- Pay a specific amount on each debt over the amount you paid last time
- Commit to saving a specific amount of money each day, week or month
- Do a daily visualization each day on your end outcome
- Do a daily rampage of appreciation about money
- Do daily inquiry: How can I align with attracting a $1000 today?
- Mastermind with a partner /s
- Mentally (virtually) spending money in your head on things you desire
- Give daily attention to specific projects or tasks that will impact your desired outcome
- Create a wealth plan
- Take one daily-inspired action toward your end-outcome
Go outside the box with your end-outcomes and your rules. They must assist you in shifting your beliefs, feelings and actions regarding money. And most importantly it must be FUN. Let the game begin!
© 2011 Master Peace Coaching
Jeanna Gabellini, is a Master Business Coach who assists high achieving entrepreneurs, corporate leaders & their teams to leverage fun, systems and intentionality for high-octane results. An entrepreneur for 20 years she has a treasure trove of kick-butt tools to give you peace & profits. A Gift For You! Get your complimentary Business Building Audio CD “Transforming from Chaotic Entrepreneur to Conscious Leader” for the entrepreneur who wants to be a SUPERpreneur: Click Here.
Coach Sheri Kaye Hoff, MA, CGCL
Life Coach and Author